Our hourly rates start from £200.00 per hour for a solicitor to undertake work on your case. If a senior solicitor (i.e. more than 7 years post qualification experience) were to undertake the work, the hourly rate will increase to £250.00 – £275.00 depending on the seniority the solicitor undertaking the work.
If you prefer to agree a fixed fee, our fees for a single hearing at the Magistrates Court for a summary offence ranges from £500.00 onward for a Magistrates Court hearing within M25.
The Fixed Fee will depend on the circumstances in your case, such as:
- The amount of supporting evidence that we need to consider
- Whether it is a straightforward Guilty plea
- Unforeseen complexities
If we are required to travel outside of London, the fee may vary to reflect the additional travel time and cost.
The Fixed Fee includes:
- 2 hours attendance/preparation:
- considering evidence
- taking your instructions
- providing advice on likely sentence
- Attendance and representation at a single hearing at the Magistrates Court
This fee does not include:
- Instruction of any expert witnesses
- Taking/preparing statements from any witnesses (this will depend on complexity of your case
- Advice and assistance in relation to a special reason hearing
- Advice or assistance in relation to any appeal
- Drafting ground of appeal
- Cost of fully preparing any appeal
- The cost of a specialist barrister to attend court on your behalf
- Our fee for attendance and/or preparation for any further hearings following the initial hearing (Approx. £400.00 per hearing)
The key stages of your matter are based on the presumption that you have entered a guilty plea and have a date for your hearing.
- Meet with your solicitor to provide instructions on what happened.
- We will consider initial disclosure, and any other evidence and provide advice.
- Arranging to take any witness statements if necessary (this will have an additional cost).
- We will explain the court procedure to you, so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
- We will conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer any follow up queries you have.
- We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
- We will attend court on the day and meet with you before going before the court. We anticipate being at court for [e.g. half a day].
- We will discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.
Please note the anticipated number of hours and fees are an estimate based on the facts above. All applications are likely to vary and of course, we can give you a more accurate estimate once we have more information about your specific case.
We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listings.