Christine is a fully accredited Duty Solicitor with over eighteen years experience in Criminal Litigation; with a proven track record of successfully representing adults and youths in wide range of offences. Christine has a large client base from various backgrounds. Christine is known for her outstanding client care in dealing with clients throughout their legal journey, from the police station, Magistrates Court through to the Crown Court.
Christine’s expertise includes but not limited to: homicide, violent crime, sexual offences, fraud offences, drug offences, regulatory offences, motoring offences and Youth Court matters.
Christine regularly represents clients at the investigation level at police stations and at investigations by Customs & Excise, Serious Fraud Office, and Financial Regulation Authority. Christine successfully represents youths regularly, particularly in well-publicised crimes relating to the 2011 riots.
- R v N and others: Acted for a young defendant accused of kidnap, armed robbery and possession of firearms.
- R v K :Acted for a vulnerable young man with mental health issues accused of attempted murder.
- R v A: Acted for defendant facing allegations of gunpoint robberies of William Hill stores.
- R v W: and others: Successfully defended multi handed conspiracy to supply large amounts of class A drugs.
- R v H: Successfully defended a 16 year old accused of aggravated burglary and violent disorder in the 2011 riots.
- R v L: An allegation of arson with intent to endanger life was made against a severely mentally disordered defendant. An acquittal was secured following trial.
- R v I: Acted for a young defendant for allegations of causing grievous bodily harm on his father. Secured a non custodial sentence.
- R v M: Acted for a young defendant for firearm offences and ensured mandatory minimum sentence was not imposed.
- R v D: Successfully defended an 80 year old male, accused of historic multiple rapes and sexual assaults against members of his family.
- R v M: Acted for a father accused of raping his 3 daughters over 20 years ago.
- R v W: Acted for a former police officer facing possession of over 110,000 indecent images.
- R v H: Successfully defended a woman accused of running a chain of brothels across the UK.
- R v R: Successfully defended an ex-police officer accused of raping his youngest daughter over 30 years ago.
- R v T : Successfully defended a man accused of sexually assaulting multiple complainants on trains.
Fraud and Financial Regulation
- R v T: Acted for a CEO, facing multiple fraud charges involving a multiple complainants.
- R v I: Identity theft by bank employee, involving a computerised bank fraud.
- R v H: Successfully defended a woman accused of defrauding the council of over £100,000.
Hertfordshire County Council v T: Acted for a businessman in a trading standards prosecution. A complex and voluminous investigation involving multiple complainants. Secured pleas to regulatory offences alone and the defendant received a suspended prison sentence. The case was featured in a 2012 C5 series titled ‘Cowboy Builders’.
- LL.B (Hons)
- LL.M in Criminal Litigation
- Called to the Middle Temple Inn in 2002
- Admitted as a Solicitor in 2005
Memberships and Accreditations
- Criminal Litigation Accreditation